Terms of reference
The Gold Coast Branch aims to fulfil various functions:
- Networking for professional needs. Helping psychologists develop professional contacts and opportunities. To provide support and information to psychologists new in the Gold Coast area.
- Provide professional development and educational events. To provide accessible information and educational opportunities for members to meet their professional development requirements. The branch organises speakers for most branch meetings to provide a focus for learning and discussion.
- Promote collegial support. The opportunity exists for groups of psychologists to meet and discuss work-related issues.
- Social networking opportunities. More casual events encourage greater social interaction.
- Encourage new membership of the APS by promoting the benefits of membership to students and by encouraging student participation in branch events.
- Promote psychology in the general community. In particular, to promote psychology as a profession.