Continuing Professional Development and Branch meetings
For events being held in the ACT, including those organised by APS National Office as well as other organisations, go to the Events Calendar, select location 'ACT', then click on 'Search'.
Members will receive advanced notices of APS events via email. Please contact the National Office on 1800 333 497 if you want to receive these emails and are not because your APS membership details will need to be updated.
Branch meeting venue at Calvary Hospital
Branch meetings are generally held either on the last Tuesday of a month in the Seminar or the Function Room in the Lewisham Building at Calvary Hospital, or on the last Thursday of a month in the Auditorium at The Canberra Hospital (for details go to the Events Calendar)
Peer consultation groups
The ACT APS Branch has established a number of loosely organised 'peer consultation' groups to encourage psychologists (and other allied professionals) within a particular region and/or within a particular speciality to meet together, at least occasionally, for mutual consultation and support.
The APS Peer Consultation Network Guidelines are used as a guide. However, each group ultimately decides how it is going to operate, especially were people from allied professional groups are involved.
The contact people for the current groups are listed below. Not all groups are currently meeting, however, they will start to meet as soon as enough people have expressed interest.
Current groups and contact people
- Psychometric testing of adults, Pat Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooma area, Mandy Reeks, email@example.com
- DBT and other mindfulness approaches with Trauma, Sandi Plummer,firstname.lastname@example.org
- School counsellors, Gregg Chapman, Gregg.Chapman@cgs.act.edu.au
- Psychologists working with children and adolescents, Meg Lewis, email@example.com
- General Psychological Treatment peer consultation group in the inner
south of Canberra, Michelle Lavers, firstname.lastname@example.org
- EMDR peer support group, Pam Brown, email@example.com
- A multidisciplinary peer support group that has been ongoing for many
years which hold fortnightly breakfast meeting at the homes of the
participants scattered all over Canberra and in Queanbeyan, Ross
Maintained by Judith Buchholz firstname.lastname@example.org.